Its not commonly known that frequent use, along with dirt, can leave your countertop with stains, scratches, or a less then shiny appearance. Stone countertops are truly an investment in your home, and to maintain it properly, you need to clean it at least once daily with the right cleaning supplies. It is hard to know which chemicals out there can actually be causing more harm, this is why we have compiled a list of products that will not only eliminate the everyday dirt, grime and bacteria but also keep your counters looking bright, shiny and new.
Here are the Do's and Don'ts of counter top care
- Regularly clean your kitchen countertop using only products that specifically state on their label that they are safe to be used on natural stone. We have a guide with all our top products listed above! You will be sure to find one that fits your needs.
- Use PH Neutral Products: For the purposes of a vanity top or even a kitchen countertop that does not get used intensively, pH neutral products are just fine, but for kitchen countertop with a lot of cooking activity, alkaline products not higher than 9 in the pH scale are more appropriate.
Our Product Recommendations are
1) Easy Scrub
2) Easy Oxy
3) Stone Wipes
4)Melamine Pads (Work with just water!)
- Let any spill sit too long on the surface of your countertop; clean spills up (by blotting only) as soon as you can.
- Use chemicals that are not formulated for safely cleaning the specific surface of your countertop- again see our list of recommended products
- VERY IMPORTANT WARNING: If there are dried-on food stains or other matter particles that require countertop scrubbing, DON'T use any green or brown scouring pad. The presence of silicon carbide grits in them will scratch even the toughest "granite"! You can safely use those sponges lined with a silvery or golden net, or other plastic scouring pads. Remember, it's essential to spray the cleaner and let it sit for a while to moisten and soften the soil, before scrubbing.
It is very easy to maintain your countertops when you use the right products and are cautious of spills!
When you are ready to polish your own countertops take a look at my blog post on counter top polishing here
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Advice, Blog Post, Bonastre, Cleaning, Counter Top, Daily Cleaner, DIY, Easy to Use, Gentle Clean, How to, informative, Lets Get Started, Marble Countertops, Product Reviews, Tips and Tricks, Tough Clean